Monday, August 6, 2012

Land of Enchantment

Dear readers,
If you have not been to New Mexico I would suggest that you do so fairly soon.
We have been traveling through open country for weeks now and we thought that maybe the stretch of oblivion would never end. Leaving Roswell we saw a mountain far in the distance that entertained our curiosity for a few miles. Little did we know that we would soon reach that mountain and descend into the most beautiful countryside any of us have seen. The dust fields turned to lush valleys and the tail end of the Rockie Mountains engulfed us as we rolled into Carrizozo, NM.
I am hesitant to post these pictures as they do not adequately represent the magnitude of where we are in the world. I must admit that I didn't know such beauty existed in my own country. I suppose riding cross country has allowed me to come to that realization.
The air is thin here in the mountains but not as hot as we have experienced in the past seven weeks. New Mexico has been a breath of fresh air for us, literally. We are hardly half way through the state and most riders say it's their favorite state so far. I would have to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment