Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Coast To Coast

I'm not really sure how else to say this but, holy shit. What a fucking summer! 10 weeks ago I left Portland, Maine with 32 strangers to cycle tour (which I'd never done) across a country (which I'd never seen) to support a cause I new nothing about.
I guess when you get to the end you really start to think about the beginning. The uncertainties, the discomfort, the daunting task that stands in front if you. Really the only constant throughout it all were the 32 other people crazy enough to join me. We struggled, we reveled, and we proved to any and all that anything is possible.
It won't be long until the intimate details of each town will begin to fade but there are some things I'll just never forget. I've seen beauty and disgust, tears and laughter (lots and lots if laughter). I've seen what an impact 33 young adventurists can have on a home, a family and each other. I've seen mountains and deserts, oceans and forests. I've seen the toughest people in the country work their asses off to feed their families. I've seen what generosity lies in the most unexpected places. I've seen growth of character, growth of community, and growth of thigh muscles. I've seen the winding roads that make up the circulatory system of this great country. I've seen the heart and soul of America.
Thank you to all who made this journey possible and to those who made it with me. Though this great adventure has since come to a close, I would encourage you all to never stop exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment